Tuesday 13 October 2009

The one that got away!!!

Every angler has a tale about these little sucker's but yesterdays near miss was a good old slug in the gut and two smacks around the mouth..Now over the years Ive lost numerous HEAVY fish of all species and got on with life as normal pretty soon after the ordeal.Most recently was fishing in france when a 20plus mirror was lost right at the net after my fishy friend butch bisonstretcher tried to knock it off the hook with the landing net! A few colorful words and 3 drinks later things were back to normal. Yesterdays loss was far more wounding and has got me hell bent on a vendetta to find "the one that got away" ..
At this time of year I spend a fair bit of time driving around the drains jiggin' for perch.Now this isnt everyones cup of tea but always throws up surprises.You catch plenty of decent perch,some of which are ideal for live bait, sometimes you get stuck into pike(9lb the biggest I've landed) and I once caught a 4lb bream using this method but yesterday I hooked into a fish that at first I thought was a mid sized jack pike....That was until its great big head came up to the surface and revealed its-self.It was Perch's dad and I estimate about 3.5-4lb.. a short battle ensued until it spat the jig back at me and returned to the water probably never to make the same mistake again.... The search continues..only 2 weeks ago I banked a very large 3 pools perch while livebaiting for pike so I know theres still some lurking down there... watch this space....Panto

No comments:

Post a Comment